If you are an attorney and wish to handle your client’s traffic infraction without appearing in Court, please see the instructions below on how to handle your client’s traffic ticket without an appearance. Please be advised that if you do not resolve your case prior to the Court date listed on the ticket, your client will still have to appear in Court. Your client’s failure to appear for your scheduled Court date may result in a warrant being issued for their arrest.

NOTE: Only certain offenses can be handled without your client’s appearance. If you are charged with driving while intoxicated, driving while license suspended/revoked, no-operator’s license, an offense surrounding an auto accident (such as, but not limited to, careless & imprudent driving), an offense involving a fatality, your client will have to appear in Court. If you are unsure if your client’s ticket qualifies as one that can be handled by mail, feel free to contact our office.



1. File an entry of appearance either through the court or the Fine Collection Center. If your client’s ticket is through the Fine Collection Center, you must enter a plea of “Not Guilty” for the ticket to be sent to our office.

2. Upon our office filing your ticket with the Associate Circuit Court, please submit a written request for a plea recommendation, along with a copy of your client’s driver’s record. Your written request should include the case number (not the ticket number) and your client’s name. Your request may be submitted by facsimile or mail. Please do not submit requests for offers before the case has been filed.

3. In 5-7 days, you will receive an offer via facsimile.

4. If your client wishes to accept the offer, follow the instructions on the recommendation, mailing your payment as a money order, cashier’s check, personal check, or attorney trust account check to the Associate Circuit Clerk’s office, along with the completed Appearance, Plea of Guilty, and Waiver. The Associate Circuit Clerk can also take payments with a credit/debit card over the phone for a nominal fee.

5. If you do not resolve your case before the Court date on the ticket or your client does not wish to accept the recommendation, your client MUST appear in Court or a warrant may be issued for their arrest.

6. You can verify that your payment has been received and you case has been resolved by contacting the Associate Circuit Clerk at (417) 745-6421.

NOTE: The Associate Circuit Court has the right to reject any plea agreement.



The Associate Circuit Court accepts money orders, cashier’s checks, personal checks, and attorney trust account checks. Additionally, they will accept credit/debit cards over the telephone for a nominal fee. Please send you payment, along with the completed Appearance, Plea of Guilty, and Waiver to:

Hickory County Circuit Court
PO Box 345
Hermitage, MO 65668



Unfortunately, we cannot negotiate tickets with unrepresented defendants by mail or phone. Your failure to appear in court may result in a warrant being issued for your arrest.
Punishment for most traffic tickets can range anywhere from a small fine up to a fine and jail time. You always have the right to contact an attorney to find out what your legal options are. If you are not sure who to contact, please call the Missouri Bar Lawyer Referral Service at (573) 636-3635 or Since we represent the State of Missouri, we cannot and will not give you legal advice. Furthermore, we cannot recommend particular attorneys or provide referrals to attorneys. Additionally, if you have a question about a court date or the status of an outstanding warrant, you must contact the Circuit Clerk’s Office – our office cannot answer any questions about court dates or warrants in person or over the telephone. Additionally, our office cannot change your court date – you must appear on or before the date listed on your summons or traffic ticket.



If you have traffic questions please contact the Hickory County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office at (417) 745-6413. Please be advised that we are legally prohibited from giving you legal advice.